For everything there is a season... ecclesiastes 3:1
Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. psalm 119:54

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Why does this feel so much more comfortable?

After another night on a plane (I must confess, the novelty of trying to get a few hours sleep while flying overnight has long since worn off), we touched down in Buenos Aires and proceeded through our fastest airport experience yet!  We were driving away after just an hour and a half.  And that includes the time it takes to wait in line at passport control, collect baggage, proceed through customs (where we always get the third degree for bringing in so much equipment), renting a car, and even grabbing something to eat.  Tell you what, we are pros.  Or things just went incredibly smoothly.  Take your pick.

Four hours later we made it back to dear Venado Tuerto (remember what that means?) and checked into our trusty lodging spot, Miró Park.  It's so good to be back in a familiar place where people make sense when they open their mouths!  That evening I picked up some supplies at the local grocery store while Jonathan was at José's office making a game plan.  As I walked back to the hotel from the store, I was struck by how comfortable and beautiful the scene around me was.  The clock tower over in the plaza was bonging the hour, the air was that crisp cool that comes with late fall, only a few colored leaves were still clinging to the trees, and a few locals were gathered around sipping maté and chatting over the day.

I wish I could describe it better.  I should have taken a picture, but...confession.  I forgot the camera.  Again.  I know, I know, it's awful.  But at least we have our phones.

Next morning, we got up while it was still dark.  No joke, it doesn't get even remotely light here until 8:00 am.  Seriously.  After a tasty breakfast of good ole medialunas and café con leche, Jonathan was out the door by 7:15 with Leandro to do an installation at a farm several hours away.  And it was a long day.  He didn't get back until midnight.  The good news is yesterday was a much shorter work day, with a late start and early finish.  We spent the evening dining at one of our favorite restaurants and then grabbing coffee at our favorite café.  Boy, is Argentina great.  Maybe it's just the level of comfort from having spent so many weeks here, or maybe it's the language barrier not being so much of a problem.  I don't know, but I know I'll take Argentina over Brazil any day!

This morning we went back to a local church where we've attended services before.  Although it's all in Spanish, we both definitely enjoy the worship section of the service!  They have a dedicated worship team, and everyone is really enthusiastic!

We're now in our last week of travel abroad.  It will be interesting to see how the next few days play out, but with harvest at an end, our main task is to finish up and get feedback from the teams that tested our product here.  It's hard to believe we're coming to the end of this fantastic adventure!  But for now, we'll just focus on finishing strong--and enjoying as many of our Argentinian favorites as possible!

1 comment:

  1. Awh. Out of all of your travels, I think your descriptions of Argentina have been my favorite. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SOON! xo.

    ReplyDelete