For everything there is a season... ecclesiastes 3:1
Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. psalm 119:54

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tia Tania Comes for Easter

Behold the bright and risen Son! More beauty than the world has known!
I'm face to face with Love Himself, His perfect spotless righteousness.

Oh, a thousand years, a thousand tongues are not enough to sing His praise!

Boldly I approach Your throne. Blameless now I'm running home.
By Your blood I come, welcomed as Your own, into the arms of Majesty!
The Art of Celebration
Rend Collective
I love Easter.

I think every year when the time comes to remember the immeasurably horrific and beautiful events of that week two thousand years ago, it reaches deeper inside me. It moves me in a new way, a more profound way. 

What was special this year? A few things. At our Good Friday service at church, I sat beside one of my favorite people--sweet Tania. 

Let me insert here that the time God had me in Magdalena, I walked with some amazing people through some unbelievable circumstances--some extremely difficult and some unspeakably wonderful. Anyway, that kind of thing marks you, changes you. And it knits you forever with those people. And I miss them so much sometimes it physically hurts.

All that to say, when one of them comes to visit... Ahh! Sweet times! I loved standing in the hallway, way too late at night, chatting over all kinds of things (why is it those conversations never happen during daylight hours while sitting on comfortable furniture!). I loved being in the same room with her gorgeously contagious smile again. 

And this guy? He was totally smitten. He loved just chilling with Tia Tania.
And she didn't seem to mind holding him. All the time.
Totally spoiled! I love it!

We did some fun stuff--like thrifting, singing, walking along the beach, buying half price Easter candy, but mostly we just hung out with Eddie. 



Squinting in the sunshine while we ate frozen yogurt.

And then there's the Easter outfit. 

I mean, seriously? Could he be any cuter than this!

I hope you had an Easter just as wonderful as we did, celebrating the Savior early Sunday morning from the mountain as the warm sun rays spread over the city. Wish I would've snapped a photo, but it wouldn't have done it justice anyway...

3 comments:

  1. love you, girl! someday, we'll all be together in heaven, no more hurtin', just prasin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're little man is as cute as can be! AND i'm loving rend's new album...looks like you are too! :) wasn't that an amazing song to listen to this easter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was only because of your blog, Leah, that I even knew they had a new album. I love it! So much energy!

    ReplyDelete