For everything there is a season... ecclesiastes 3:1
Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. psalm 119:54

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Make Us Ready

The busyness of Winter Conference is over. Check. Visas applications delivered. Check. (Keep praying they arrive in time!) It's too rainy for the combine-driving lesson, that will have to wait. And considering I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to engineering, design, or import laws, it seems my useful tasks are becoming fewer and fewer, at least for awhile. Which is why I've had several quite relaxing days, unlike Jonathan. It's been nice, especially since I've been recovering from a cold contracted over the weekend.  

Speaking of the weekend, we've been enjoying all the family time while in the area! Friday night we celebrated Jonathan's birthday with the Sauder clan who gifted him this:


A lego set of Big Ben. This kept him occupied for awhile! All in all, it was a fun time! Saturday we repeated the celebration, but with my family, by taking him to Flat Top and then Sweet Cece's frozen yogurt (see the trend, he likes to choose places that encourage you to build your own masterpiece). Sunday was spent at Congerville church which is going through a rough time, so please keep praying for God's healing power and unchanging love to surpass all the hurt and transform the pain to glory!

As the weekend wound down, there were definite themes God was starting to highlight. And over the past few days, as I've had some extra time on my hands, He's continued to reveal the same.  

Preparation. In one week, the crazy travel schedule begins. So many unknowns, so many arrangements to be made. And yet more than all that, my prayer has been for God to prepare our hearts. From the beginning, we wanted this job to be more than occupational experience. We wanted to discover new depths of knowing God both personally, and as a couple, and also allow that transforming experience to open our eyes to how God wants to utilize our time abroad to glorify His Name in the nations we're given opportunity to visit. Please join in praying for God's anointing on us during the next week as we approach launch date.  


Make Us Ready
Harvest Bashta

Let there be oil in my lamp,
Let the fire not go out, 
When I hear the Bridegroom comes.

Make us ready.  

So take my lamp set it on a hill,
Set it on a lamp stand,
I won't be hidden.

I'll be dripping with the oils of Love.

So take my lamp set it on a hill,
Set it on a lamp stand,
I won't be hidden.

Make us ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment